The enjoyment I experience at Tustin Legacy, located at Flight Way and Barranca Parkway in Irvine, the second Sunday of each month, comes in small packages. (Ready?)
- Small drive to get there in the early- morning marine layer and home in the hot, burny sun. Yay!
- Small amount of time to Kind a parking place. Directional advisors and orange cones do a great job!
- Small venue. Intimate setting. Can’t lose your spouse or our group. AND, more importantly, they can’t lose you! • Small amount of time it takes me to Kind a photographer for our group shot.
- Small number of Healeys we don’t recognize and to whom we want to introduce ourselves.
- Small question: “Have you joined the Club?”
- Small talk. It’s really fun! (And super easy!)
- Small pauses for absorbing fascinating license plates.
- Small, innumerable photo ops! Color-on- metal. Shiny chrome. Can’t get enough of it!
- Small chance of one Healey stranger. Didn’t we all know each other in a previous life?!
- Small list of model numbers.
- Small paint chits. Memorable names. British Motors Corp.
- Small list of technical questions-- engine size, positive vs negative ground.
- Small chance the gorgeous purple-ish burgundy, red interior, won’t catch your eye.
- Small detail of a verbal email address you need to remember to send CLUB information.
- Small row of exiting cars (Phil Caliva, Chuck Lakowski with Terry Morgan passenger-ing.)
- Small conversation with Chuck-- he’s driving, I’m walking alongside. “Guess what? There’s another Healey we spotted leaving our parking spaces!” (How is that possible?!)
- Small amount of detective work to Kind the owner of that one-- absolutely gorgeous, white-over-green, newly-renovated, literally first-day-out, Henry Camisasca’s 100M.
- Small amount of time, coupled with elation, to learn Henry IS an AHASC club member.
Yay! I wouldn’t give up these second-Sunday-of-the- month mornings - small packages of big smiles, fun pictures, warm hugs, self-imposed tech sessions and strolls on the asphalt with special friends - ‘for love nor money’... the casual conversations with people I might know well or may never see again. All these reasons and more... exactly why we love our Healeys!