help_outline Skip to main content
Add Me To Your Mailing List
Shopping Cart

News / Articles

From the Vice President

Greg Aden | Published on 4/1/2021

Here we go again, another month of event postponements. Things seem to be getting better with the move to Red tier and hopefully Orange tier in the next month or so. By now most of us have had our second shots and are hopefully protected. I am in Arizona selling one of my Bugeye’s at the Barrett- Jackson auction and they are pretty much open here with indoor dining and open bars. Mask wearing and social distancing, but otherwise kind of normal.


Queens English on the 25th has been postponed until August 1st and similarly the British Swap Meet at Steve Kirby’s shop has been moved to July 31st. In May is the much-anticipated Healey Conclave at Big Bear. In June there is the British Car Show at the Automobile Driving Museum on the 19th and then some of us will be driving up to the Lewis & Clark Rally in Oregon leaving on the 23rd for a 10-day excursion. On July 10th is the re-re-scheduled San Juan Capistrano Show.


There are the normal weekly recurring events that are being well attended and several other non-club events and drives that our members are participating in, so things are looking up.


We still need volunteers to help with the car show and gymkhana at Conclave, so if interested in helping let Steve Kirby know and we will put you on the list.


Thanks, and see you at the event’s Greg